Tuesday, April 20, 2010

No Worse than Ugly Betty

Just a quick blog-related note (especially for the folks checking in here regularly) to say that I was relieved to find out that I was no worse at blogging than Ugly Betty.

If you're not a fan of the (recently deceased) show "Ugly Betty" - it was a great story of a person who was somewhere between 'normal' & eccentric who ended up working in the Fashion industry. Although Betty was designed (no pun intended) NOT to fit into that world, her intelligence, optimism, and willingness to learn and change (without ditching her standards) overcame her co-workers' initial reluctance to embrace her.

Near the end of the show's run, a part of the story was that Betty began a Blog, where she was able to write about the things that mattered to her (while she made her living writing about Fashion). In the last episode it was revealed that, while overwhelmed with work, she had failed to post ANYTHING on her Blog for OVER A MONTH.

I'm still not up to [any useful] speed, but I'm a few days better than Betty.

Maybe being marginally better than a fictional TV character is not setting the bar really high, but I'll take my 'victories' where I can get them. Stay tuned.

No comments: