Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It is the real me that God loves

Como me siento en realidad? Bien? No tan bien?

Puedo estar my en paz, feliz de estar aqui ... Tambien puedo sentir frustracion, preocupacion, o enojo ...

Asumo como estoy en realidad.. ES EL YO REAL EL QUE DIOS AMA.

IT IS THE REAL ME THAT GOD LOVES.

I love these words from a Devotional that I often use - "How do I really feel - good - not so good? I may be at peace, happy to be here [attempting to pray] - but also I may feel frustration, be preoccupied, or angry - I accept how I really am. IT IS THE REAL ME THAT GOD LOVES."

This comes from [what is for me] an unlikely source - a prayer site run by a bunch of Irish Jesuits [speaking as a life-long Methodist/United Methodist]. It's called SACRED SPACE [o ESPACIO SAGRADO - it exists in over 20 languages], and I highly recommend it to all of the computer types who have not found ways or time to pray regularly, or who just need a reminder that God loves the real you - the one that friends, or family [or even you] may not always approve of or understand.

It's a pretty powerful thought.

1 comment:

yeti said...

I like these thoughts!
I like Sacred Space

and yes it is the real us that God loves!